This section provides information on the terms and conditions of the warranty for the StethoMe stethoscope
StethoMe sp. z o.o. company (having its seat in Poznań in Poland at the address ul. Winogrady 18A, District Court Poznań - Nowe Miasto i Wilda in Poznań, 8th Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS) under the KRS number 0000558650, NIP (tax identification number) 7831726542, REGON (business register number) 361535342, BDO register number 000258860) provides a warranty for the StethoMe® electronic stethoscope that covers material defects and workmanship defects of the StethoMe® electronic stethoscope (hereinafter referred to as the “Device”). Consumer may exercise their rights under statutory warranty at the moment of sale irrespective of the rights resulting from the warranty, which does not exclude, limit, or suspend the rights of the buyer under binding provisions of the law. In the event of existence of any device defects, StethoMe or a technical service authorised by StethoMe shall remove the defects or replace the device with a new one, free of charge. This warranty does not cover the USB cable, third party software or applications, and the device not being compatible with third party solutions.
The period of warranty for the device is 12 months when purchasing a 12-month subscription, or 24 months when purchasing a 24-month subscription, whereas for the device battery the warranty cover not more than 300 charging cycles during the period indicated. The above periods start running from the moment of purchase. The device purchase date is documented with a fiscal receipt or a VAT invoice. The warranty is valid on the territory of the European Union.
A warranty claim should be sent electronically to the address firstname.lastname@example.org together with a scanned proof of purchase, contact data (first name, last name, address, e-mail address), and description of the defect present within 10 days from the date of finding the defect of the device, but not later than before the warranty expiration date. Irrespective of that claim, the device should be sent to StethoMe sp. z o.o. or the technical service indicated by StethoMe, together with a proof of purchase, contact data, and defect description. The device has to be secured properly against damage for the duration of its transport. The manufacturer undertakes to consider the warranty claim within 30 business days from the date of receiving the device together with the warranty claim. The time for completing repairs may become extended if it is necessary to order parts required for repairs, of which the claimant will be notified by StethoMe.
The following events are excluded from warranty coverage:
- normal wear and tear of the device or parts of the device that are subject to wear and tear over time (wear and tear of battery, protective coating, display, or any other component of the device, e.g. the USB cable), and calibration and maintenance of the device,
- damage caused by careless use of the device, or intentional/accidental damage (crush, scratch, fracture, bend, fall, mechanical loads, etc.),
- damage to the device caused by using the device in a way that is improper or inconsistent with the user manual, or by using the device in a way not consistent with its intended use,
- pressure on the device display,
- damage cause by the impact of humidity, liquids, fire, extreme thermal conditions, corrosion, oxidation, contamination with liquids or chemical substances, or other external events beyond control of the manufacturer.
The warranty is excluded in the even of the device being opened, altered, or repaired - without authorisation - by persons other than StethoMe or its representatives
In the event of the warranty not being taken into consideration, the costs of delivery of the device from and to the consumer shall be covered by the consumer.